the power is within

In purana, theres a story about Hanuman being cursed by a sage that he forgets all his powers. When needed someone will have to remind him all of it.

In life, we are like Hanuman at times. Amidst all the daily tensions and problems we sometimes forget what we are capable of.

Luckly, someone or the other will show up in one or the other way and shed some light on our forgotten past or dig-out the lost talents in us.

Like the day an old friend from school reminded me how I and another friend competed to fill every alternate pages of our class magazines with poems and creative write-ups. He convinced me that if I could do that at 16, i can do much more at 25. That was a timely reminder. A boost. Also, enlightenment. I couldn't thank him enough for that brief conversation which resulted in me finding my will to start writing after a long gap.

Then there  was this instance when I was stuck up at home completely bored of the white walls of my house staring back at me all through the day. My friends suggested I dust my paint box and brush and paint - throw some colour around me. Yup, that changed the way the walls looked. More importantly, I found myself busy trying out new ideas. It made me happy.

Then there was a time an old colleague (a good friend) suggested I freelance content writing for him. That too was a turning point.

Another friend of mine reminded me that its never too late to go back to student-hood. I now know that it might be tough, but not impossible.

Recently, one of my professor indirectly reassured me that the heart knows to heal itself. We just have to listen to it carefully.

Today, when I realized that these have not only helped me swim through the violent storms of emotions and find new islands of creativity, but also saved someone else too from the troubled waters, it gives me unbound joy.

I hope it set out a chain reaction and bring peace to many people.

No comments: