Lost in Aleppo


Alone in the crowd I stand
Eyes searching for that familiar face,
Wish I had not let go your hand,
Now you are gone without a trace.

Why did they have to choose our place,
To destroy and turn to dust?
Our hometown reduced to a maze
And the land is left to rust.

The world has lost its glory,
humane values, if there were any.
With all these acts so gory, 
Took lives of so many. 

And shamelessly, put the burden 
Of this savage war 
On the shoulders of little children
And to leave a barren path, long and far. 

No matter how much ever I try
I cannot hold back my tears.
I need a shoulder to cry
And share all my fears.

You were my only friend,
But now I'm left alone.
Where am I to find an end
Or a place I can call home? 

No comments: