One little love story - part 6

A confession

Motherhood -  one of world's wonderful feeling.
Yeah,  I disagree to disagree to disagree...

At 5 years of age,  I badly wanted to grow up and be on my own. At age 15, I wanted to just finish off my hectic school days and move into college and have fun.  At 20, over obsessed by career dream I wanted to equip myself to climb up the hills and mountains of corporate industry.  Once married,  I wanted a kid.  Now,  I want an eight hour uninterrupted sleep.  Sigh!

No,  I'm not talking about the changing dreams or phases in life,  my point was motherhood is not easy (at least for me) as it appears from outside.  Many thinks,  after all its a baby,  what is it gonna do?  U give him some milk and put him to sleep then u have all the time in the world. Oh yeah?!  Try having one of your own before you judge.

I'm gonna be honest here,  there are many mother's and parents who sympathise,  "oh,  poor you. How are you managing?" .  "why don't you get a nanny to look after your kid?".  I don't like that either.  It's my baby,  my responsibility. I struggle to keep myself calm when I have to hand my son over to our people even for a while so then how am I to accept a nanny (total stranger) to handle him?
Frankly, I dnt know how I'm managing each day.  I some tyms fail to get breakfast ready before my husband leaves to work.  Sometimes the house is a mess when he return.  Some tyms I give up trying to console my crying child.  Sometimes I find it difficult to get myself together.  All this,  within the four walls of my house.  And outside I'm a sweet inexperienced mother trying my level best at the tasks.  These are my confessions.  My inlaws are not going to be happy about the first point.  My ever calm husband let's me off the hook everytime at the second point confessed here.  My mother is going to fume at every single word mentioned above.  I know and I'm not going to bail me out of anything for I know I'm not perfect. I make mistakes,  I learn and sometimes I take a few more lessons at the same mistakes.  I don't promise to be perfect from tomorrow.  I know some of you are perfect already,  but I'm not you.  I'm not supposed to be perfect.  I'm supposed to be me.
So I embrace the little imperfections and move on.  Because,  after going through a troublesome episode of my daily life,  when I watch my little ones face,  up close while feeding him, his deep dark eyes looks into mine revealing nothing less than his love for me.  When his busy lips take a break to peacefully smile at me,  the whole world simply dissolves into thin air and only his charming face remains.  That moment is worth living for.  That moment completes me as a mother,  as me.

No comments: