The balancing act
These days young parents like us look forward to balancing work and life at once. I, at times, regret being a stay-at-home mother though it was my decision to not take up a permanent job till my son turns two.
I regret it because I am financially depended and is compelled by my conscious to draw the limit line for expense everytime I come across eye-catchy things in e-commerce sites. I cannot thank my dear friends enough to help me celebrate and surprise my hubby's birthday and not let me worry about the expense.
To be economically independent, to not restrict myself (and my hubby) from purchasing our 'favourite nothings', to stop ourself from bleaving that materialistic life is the ultimate sin, I needed a job.
Part time/freelancing was an easy option except that I found little time to spare from my busy schedule (don't bother breaking your head over wondering what makes me so busy, trust me when I say, I have no clue either).
So financial stability on a personal ground was tough. I respect my mother, friends and everyone who chose to balance work and personal life. I salute the majority of you who aced it. But, reality is, balancing act is not my cup of tea. I failed at it even before I tried. I'm miserable.
I know I will be judged. For being dependent, as lazy, as stubborn, but I know no one is better to take care of my son than me. The only thing that makes me happy is I'm with my baby 24/7. I realise this is the only time he will demand my presence so much, this is the only time he will want me with him throughout the day, this is the only time I can feed, nap with him, dress him up the way I want and he will not protest. THIS TIME is priceless. I cannot buy it online, I cannot borrow it, I cannot relive it ever again. This us the only time.
So, to the mothers like me, who chose to (or were forced to) stay at home with our little ones, congratulations! You are doing the right thing for yourself and for your baby. Not having to do that balancing act never makes you any smaller. You are doing enough and more. Managing household and handling a baby is work - only that you don't get paid in cash (unless you are doing it for someone else).
Your task is to maintain a sweet happy family and a healthy baby (if anyone feels it's less important or easy, don't bother marrying or reproducing). You are responsible for your little ones growth. Babys medical reports is your report card. With every progress your baby makes, you go a level up, and everytime s/he smiles, just know that you are the reason behind it.
Love yourself, be happy and stay healthy.
These days young parents like us look forward to balancing work and life at once. I, at times, regret being a stay-at-home mother though it was my decision to not take up a permanent job till my son turns two.
I regret it because I am financially depended and is compelled by my conscious to draw the limit line for expense everytime I come across eye-catchy things in e-commerce sites. I cannot thank my dear friends enough to help me celebrate and surprise my hubby's birthday and not let me worry about the expense.
To be economically independent, to not restrict myself (and my hubby) from purchasing our 'favourite nothings', to stop ourself from bleaving that materialistic life is the ultimate sin, I needed a job.
Part time/freelancing was an easy option except that I found little time to spare from my busy schedule (don't bother breaking your head over wondering what makes me so busy, trust me when I say, I have no clue either).
So financial stability on a personal ground was tough. I respect my mother, friends and everyone who chose to balance work and personal life. I salute the majority of you who aced it. But, reality is, balancing act is not my cup of tea. I failed at it even before I tried. I'm miserable.
I know I will be judged. For being dependent, as lazy, as stubborn, but I know no one is better to take care of my son than me. The only thing that makes me happy is I'm with my baby 24/7. I realise this is the only time he will demand my presence so much, this is the only time he will want me with him throughout the day, this is the only time I can feed, nap with him, dress him up the way I want and he will not protest. THIS TIME is priceless. I cannot buy it online, I cannot borrow it, I cannot relive it ever again. This us the only time.
So, to the mothers like me, who chose to (or were forced to) stay at home with our little ones, congratulations! You are doing the right thing for yourself and for your baby. Not having to do that balancing act never makes you any smaller. You are doing enough and more. Managing household and handling a baby is work - only that you don't get paid in cash (unless you are doing it for someone else).
Your task is to maintain a sweet happy family and a healthy baby (if anyone feels it's less important or easy, don't bother marrying or reproducing). You are responsible for your little ones growth. Babys medical reports is your report card. With every progress your baby makes, you go a level up, and everytime s/he smiles, just know that you are the reason behind it.
Love yourself, be happy and stay healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment